This post is not finished and has not been checked or edited
↧
Willesdem
Willesden Green Station. 24thNovember 1879. Between Dollis Hill and Kilburn on the Jubilee Line. Metropolitan Railway Originally called ‘Walm Lane’. 1894 Name changed to ‘Willesden Green and Cricklewood’. 1925 The main station buildings, are fine examples of the work of C W Clark, the Metropolitan Railway's architect, who used this style of marble white faience for several 'central' area stations. The Booking hall is in near original condition, ironwork. Facade bears inscription "Metropolitan Railway Willesden Green Station". The diamond-shaped clock outside the station was put up by the Metropolitan Railway when the station was rebuilt in a more imposing style just before the First World War. The ticket hall interior, which retains much of the original green tesserae mosaic tiling, is a rare survival. Listed Grade 2 It is also one of the few stations on the southern section of the former Metropolitan Mainline to still have its original platform buildings intact and its architecture is typical for a station serving a medium sized town. 1938 name changed to ‘Willesden Green ‘. 1939 became a Bakerloo station . 1979 Jubilee
↧