Quantcast
Channel: Edith's Streets
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 1473

Hemel Henostead

$
0
0

Hobletts Road

Hobletts Manor. Converted from two Elizabethan cottages then called Hobletts Orchard. Demolished in the 1960s.

Queensway

St.Paul’s Hospital. Opened 1836 as Hempstead House workhouse called ‘The Base’.  Became the main local maternity unit but closed in 1990.

St.Paul’s Church, funded by public subscription.  Site given by Sir Paston Cooper. Chapel of Ease to start with and parish in its own  right by 1878. ‘closed 1961 and flats now on the site.



Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 1473

Trending Articles