Electricity Works. Former Northmet power station, 1908. Built as a refuse destructor - generator station, later converted to oil engines, closed 1929.
Sutton Road
3Beaumont Works. The Central five bays were built in 1900 for Nicholson & Co, coat manufacturers, who moved here from Manchester. Note ‘N & C’ monograms on 'Dutch' gables and decorative glazed tile door surround. Extended at various times, the factory, listed grade II, closed in 1970s.